San Diego Alumni Chapter Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.Scholarship
Deadline: May 1st, 2020
Application available HERE
The San Diego Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated is active in our community. We provide several programs that support the greater San Diego community and award scholarships to male students of African American descent who plan to attend a four (4) year University or College. It’s our purpose is to encourage and reward the success of San Diego students who are pursuing higher education.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship Applicants:
• Graduating high school male of African-American descent.
• Attend a San Diego County High School and be a resident within San Diego
County. (Resident is defined as a student with a permanent legal San Diego
County address, who physically resides in San Diego.)
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
• Provide proof of completion of ACT and/or SAT standard exam
• Provide Official High School Transcripts certifying the required GPA, and
verification signed by a school administrator.
• Provide one (1) letter of recommendation from a school staff member at the
school of attendance.
• Provide one (1) letter of recommendation from a person in the community.
• Provide a one-page personal statement that highlights the applicant’s views on
current issues that are important to him/her which outlines their motivation to
seek a higher education.
Applications will be received March 1st through May 1st. Application submissions must
be postmarked by May 1st to be accepted. Applications are screened and evaluated by
the Scholarship Committee. Interviews of selected applicants will be conducted between
April 16th and the end of May. Scholarship recipients are notified of award in June.